GENERAL TRAVEL CONDITIONS
1. Booking | Payment of the travel price
- Booking | Payment of the travel price
- The booking is made on the basis of the travel/service description communicated in the catalog, in print media and on the website. The reservation request on the website of INNTOUR active holidays does not trigger a fixed booking of the selected or requested trip. The booking can only be made in writing via e-mail.
- With the travel registration/booking, the customer offers INNTOUR active holidays the binding conclusion of a travel contract. The travel registration binds the customer and INNTOUR active holidays for 10 days. Within this period the customer can cancel the booking of a cycling or hiking tour free of charge. The travel contract comes into effect with the confirmation of INNTOUR active holidays about the feasibility of the trip. This confirmation will be made (form-free) in writing. With the dispatch of the booking confirmation/invoice the written execution of the conclusion of the contract takes place.
- A deposit of 10% of the total tour price is due immediately upon receipt of the booking confirmation/invoice, but no earlier than eleven months before the agreed end of the tour. At the earliest 20, but at the latest 14 days before the start of the trip, the entire remaining amount is due. Please note that you will receive the complete travel documents only after payment of the invoice.
- The customer shall bear all fees and bank charges incurred in connection with the transfer of funds.
Bank details Austria:
IBAN: AT55 20503 03301228478
2. Services | Prices
Services | Prices
For the scope of the contractual services, the service descriptions according to the booking confirmation at the time of the trip valid travel description, taking into account all notes and explanations and individually concluded agreements are authoritative. The specified stage locations are the most and mainly driven to stage destinations. In case of insufficient availability of adequate accommodation in the usual stage locations, it will be necessary to switch to locations in the immediate vicinity/region. The necessity of substitution does not entitle to a reduction of the tour price.
The tour price is quoted on a per person basis in a double room. Single travelers have the option to book a single room for an additional charge. Due to the limited number of single rooms in some hotels, the willingness of the traveler to make do with simpler rooms if necessary or to switch to another hotel or a private pension for bed and breakfast must be assumed.
In case of direct booking of an INNTOUR active holidays own trip, we grant a reduction of 20% on the package price for children/youth up to the age of 14 (14th birthday), if they stay in the parents' room (3-/4 bed room). Decisive for the reduction is the age of the child/children on the day of departure.
Fees for insurances are to be paid directly to the insurer (see point 9. or appendix).
3. Cancellation | Rebooking | Carryover
Travel Cancellation | Rebooking | Transfer
Before the start of the trip, the traveler can withdraw from the package travel contract at any time according to § 10 para. 1. If you wish to withdraw from the booked trip, a written cancellation must be received by us immediately.
We charge a handling fee of 10% of the total price per person for cancellations up to 28 days before departure.
In case of cancellation between the 27th and the 8th day before the start of the tour, we charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total tour price per person.
In case of cancellation from the 7th day before the start of the trip, we charge a cancellation fee of 80% of the total tour price per person.
On the day of arrival or in case of no-show, no money will be refunded for services not used (e.g. also cancellation of the trip).
According to Section 10 (2) of the PRG, a cancellation may be made due to extraordinary circumstances at the destination with a claim for reimbursement of payments already made.
The day of arrival counts as the start of the trip.
For rebookings (change of travel date or category) up to the 28th day before departure, we charge a processing fee of EUR 65.00 per booking.
If the traveler does not use an individual travel service for personal reasons or breaks off the trip prematurely due to illness or circumstances unknown to INNTOUR active holidays, there is no entitlement to a proportional refund of the services not consumed.
If a trip booking becomes a one-person trip due to a cancellation by a trip participant, the canceling trip participant will be charged cancellation fees according to the stated cancellation rates, however, at least a processing fee of EUR 150,00. For the rebooking of the trip to single accommodation, we will charge the participating bike traveler the surcharge for single accommodation.
Later rebookings, or rebookings to another trip or another date, if their implementation is possible at all, can only be made after withdrawal from the travel contract under the stated conditions and simultaneous new registration.
4. Adjustments or changes to the contents of the contract before the start of the trip
Adjustments or changes to the contents of the contract before the start of the trip
- Changes of essential characteristics of travel services from the agreed content of the travel contract, which become necessary after the conclusion of the contract and were not caused by INNTOUR active holidays against good faith, may be carried out by INNTOUR active holidays before the beginning of the trip, as long as the changes are insignificant and do not affect the course of the trip. Changes include, for example, rebooking to an equivalent hotel, restaurant changes, changes to transfers (pass crossings, pre/return transfers, pick-up times, and the like).
- If it is a significant change or deviation from the content of the travel contract, or deviations from specifications worthy of consideration by the traveler / the traveler, § 9 para 2-5 PRG comes into force. If such a case occurs, the traveler is entitled to accept the changes within the time limit set by INNTOUR active holidays, to withdraw from the travel contract free of charge or to arrange a substitute trip, if such a trip can be offered. If the traveler does not react or does not react within the set time limit, the communicated change is considered accepted.
- INNTOUR active holidays will inform you about any (substantial 5.1, substantial 5.2) service changes immediately after becoming aware of them on a permanent data carrier (e-mail, SMS, voice message, WhatsApp) in a clear and understandable form. Warranty claims remain unaffected insofar as the changed services are defective.
5. Price evaluation
- INNTOUR active holidays reserves the right to adjust the amount agreed in the package travel contract or transport contract accordingly in case of a legal increase of the VAT rate, increase of various transport costs or energy costs, change of the exchange rate applicable to the respective trip.
- INNTOUR active holidays may change the transport tariff, in particular due to increases in energy or fuel costs, road tolls, parking fees and the like, even after the conclusion of the package travel contract or transport contract according to the following rules.
- The costs will be divided by INNTOUR active holidays or by transport agents among the respective guests to be transported.
- If VAT rates are increased or if there is a change in the exchange rate applicable to the trip, the price of the trip may increase by the corresponding amount.
- Any increases are only permissible if they have not yet occurred at the time of conclusion of the contract and were not foreseeable at the time of conclusion of the contract.
- In case of such changes to the contract INNTOUR active holidays will inform you immediately after becoming aware of them on a durable medium (e-mail, SMS, voice message, WhatsApp) in a clear and understandable form.
- Price increases from the 20th day before the start of the journey or transport contract are inadmissible.
- If the price increase amounts to 8 % (= 8%) of the price, § 9 par. 2-5 PRG comes into force. If such a case occurs, the traveler is entitled to withdraw from the travel contract/transportation contract free of charge or to arrange a substitute trip, if such a trip can be offered. The traveler has to assert this claim immediately after the notification of the price increase to INNTOUR active holidays. If the traveler does not react or does not react within the set time limit, the communicated change is considered accepted.
- INNTOUR active holidays is obliged to pass on any price reductions to the points mentioned in point 5.1 minus administrative expenses to the customer in case of corresponding application of the above mentioned regulation.
6. Liability and limitation of liability
Liability and limitation of liability
- INNTOUR active holidays is liable within the scope of due diligence of a prudent businessman for the correctness of the description of all stated travel services at the time of printing of print media, respectively for the information on the website, for the proper selection and procurement of the service providers (hotels, transport companies, etc.) and for a conscientious travel preparation as well as travel management.
- INNTOUR active holidays cannot be held responsible for the impossibility of carrying out the tours for reasons beyond the control of INNTOUR active holidays (e.g. renovations, closures, alterations, delays, etc.).
- Should a change(s) in the itinerary be necessary (e.g. due to external influences, security reasons, etc.), this does not result in a claim for price reduction.
- As a rule, services that are not used will not be reimbursed.
- The traveler participates in the booked trip at his/her own risk. Each travel participant is solely responsible for ensuring that he/she is physically fit to meet the requirements of the booked trip. If a travel participant is physically not up to the requirements, he/she is responsible for this and does not cause a claim for refundable withdrawal or repayment of the travel price.
- The participation of minors is only possible when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Each / every traveler is responsible for compliance with the road traffic regulations.
- Each traveler is responsible for compliance with all passport, visa, customs and health regulations.
- For the duration of the bike trip, the traveler is liable for damage to or loss of a rented bike, pedelecs, locks, keys and the like. For a not deposited or lost e-bike key, we charge a processing or recovery fee of EUR 45.00, for a not deposited or lost e-bike charger EUR 165.00.
- Our liability - irrespective of the legal grounds - is limited in total to the amount of three times the travel price, insofar as the damage was caused by us neither intentionally nor through gross negligence or insofar as we are solely responsible due to the fault of a service provider selected by us.
- In case of loss or damage of your luggage INNTOUR active holidays is only liable, if this was caused by INNTOUR active holidays or its vicarious agents and was reported within 24 hours, but maximum up to EUR 200,00 per person. INNTOUR active holidays is not liable for valuables as well as items which are not usually carried in luggage, for means of payment of any kind, loss of medication, optical damage and damage to handles and/or rollers as well as for damage to luggage items which exceed the total weight of 25 kg. In the case of stolen items from the suitcase, forcible opening must be visible.
- If customer bicycles are transported in the course of the included transfers over pass crossings or in the case of booked pre- or return transfers, they will be transported on trailers typed for the transport of bicycles. If the number of bicycles to be transported allows it, the transport can also take place directly in the vehicle or on the bicycle carrier. The respective holding devices are adapted to the transport of the INNTOUR active holidays in-house rental bicycles. This means that during the transport of customer bicycles, which may differ in terms of frame geometry, tire width, handlebar shape, etc. from the bicycles used by INNTOUR active holidays, slight damages (scratches on the paintwork, etc.) to the bicycles may occur despite careful handling or handling customary in the industry. INNTOUR active holidays is not liable for such damages. The bicycle handlebars usually have to be placed crosswise during transport; occasionally pedals may have to be removed. This will be reversed after the transport.
- Likewise, no liability is assumed by INNTOUR active holidays for loss and theft, unless INNTOUR active holidays or its vicarious agents are responsible for gross negligence or intent. Liability for damages of any kind is limited to the case of intent or gross negligence. For your own protection, please take out bicycle insurance or include it in your travel insurance policy.
- The selection of the route for booked pre-/return transfers is the responsibility of the carrier and can also be changed and adjusted at short notice due to traffic conditions. The communicated arrival times are subject to empirical values. INNTOUR active holidays as well as its vicarious agents are not liable for later arrival times which are beyond the control of the carrier and therefore missed connections to other means of transport, unless INNTOUR active holidays or its vicarious agents are responsible for gross negligence or intent. Liability for already booked tickets, of whatever kind, is limited to the case of intent or gross negligence. Please allow sufficient time for your connecting means of transport.
- The conditions of carriage of the transport companies used apply.
7. INNTOUR active holidays as tour operator/travel agent
INNTOUR active holidays as tour operator/travel agent
For all trips marked as 'own trips' INNTOUR active holidays bears the responsibility as tour operator.
For all other trips from our portfolio INNTOUR active holidays acts as a partner for other bike travel agents. For these tours, special conditions (cancellation, insurance, services, etc.) apply in some cases. Please refer to the respective service block of the individual trip.
INNTOUR active holidays commits itself to the best of its knowledge and belief as a tour operator as well as a travel agent to ensure a proper implementation of the offered trip.
8. Warranty and duty to cooperate
Warranty and duty to cooperate
- INNTOUR active holidays is obligated for the proper fulfillment of the services specified in the travel/transport contract. However, the contractual service description includes the general knowledge and understanding of the traveler of the respective country-specific customs.
- The traveler or the customer to be transported has to inform INNTOUR active holidays, a vicarious agent or a tour guide immediately about any lack of conformity and can demand remedy. However, vicarious agents or a tour guide are not entitled to acknowledge claims.
- INNTOUR active holidays is entitled to avert breaches of contract in the form of substitute services of equal or higher value.
- INNTOUR active holidays can refuse the remedy if the remedy is impossible for INNTOUR active holidays or the demand for the remedy of the objected adversity is not in a real relation and/or would be connected with disproportionately high costs.
- If INNTOUR active holidays is not able to remedy adversities in an adequate way, the traveler is entitled to a price reduction. If such a case occurs, INNTOUR active holidays requests the traveler to assert any claims in writing without delay, but no later than one month after return from the trip.
- A claim for reduction will be diminished or forfeited if the traveler (culpably) fails to inform INNTOUR active holidays immediately of the lack of conformity and thereby deprives INNTOUR active holidays of the opportunity to avert the lack of conformity.
- INNTOUR active holidays asks the traveler to do everything reasonable to contribute to the elimination of an adversity or to keep possible damages as low as possible.
- Verbal collateral agreements require written confirmation to be effective
9. Travel insurance
- In addition to the travel booking INNTOUR active holidays recommends the conclusion of a travel protection. The corresponding premiums are not included in the advertised portfolios/ or in the travel prices.
- Upon request, you will receive an offer from Europäische Reiseversicherung for the direct conclusion of the travel protection 'Hotelstorno Plus'. Detailed information on premium calculation is available here: Europäische Reiseversicherung, contact: +43(0)1-317 2500.
10. Customer money protection according to EU Package Travel Directive
Customer money protection according to EU Package Travel Directive
- INNTOUR active holdiays, Michael Bär is registered in the event directory of the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs under the number 2008/0037. In accordance with the Package Travel Ordinance (PRV), customer monies from package tours organized by INNTOUR active holidays, MMag. Michael Bär, are secured by a bank guarantee (guarantee number 1.393.112) with Tiroler Sparkasse Bankaktiengesellschaft Innsbruck in the event of insolvency.
- This applies to:
- a) payments already made, insofar as the travel service was not provided in whole or in part due to the insolvency of the organizer, and
- b) the necessary expenses for the return journey incurred as a result of the insolvency of the organizer. The liability towards the customer is limited to the travel price paid by him and in case of damage is limited with the total sum insured. If the sum insured is not sufficient to satisfy all claims, the customer's claims will be satisfied with the aliquot share. Furthermore, INNTOUR active holidays does not participate in any insurance community.
- The registration of all claims is to be made within 8 weeks from the occurrence of insolvency with the liquidator (Europäische Reiseversicherung AG, Kratochwjlestraße 4, 1220 Vienna, phone: 01-3172500-73930), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Details about the travel service authorization of INNTOUR active holidays, MMag. Michael Bär can be found on the website https://www.gisa.gv.at/abfrage under the GISA number 21223143.
11. Extract from the Package Travel Regulation (EU) 2015/2302
Extract from the Package Travel Regulation (EU) 2015/2302:Extract from the Package Travel Regulation (EU) 2015/2302
- The traveler is entitled to pre-contractual information (digital medium, printed form, link to website). The traveler receives all travel documents according to the invitation to tender after payment of the agreed package tour price.
- The traveler is informed about the rights and obligations of both parties to the contract.
- The traveler receives with the travel documents the most important emergency numbers for the countries to be traveled to as well as telephone numbers of contact points through which the traveler can get in touch with the organizer.
- The liability is always covered by at least one entrepreneur:in.
- The traveler may cancel, rebook or transfer the trip to another person within the circumstances and costs specified in Article 3.
- The traveler may withdraw from a booked trip free of charge in the event of adverse external circumstances (e.g. travel warning).
- The traveler has the right to withdraw from the travel contract free of charge, or to demand the return of
payments made if significant changes to the travel contract - with the exception of the price - are or must be made by the organizer.
- A price increase is fair in case of a legal increase of the VAT rate, increase of various transportation costs or energy costs or in case of a change of the exchange rate applicable for the respective trip. A price change in this regard is possible no later than 20 days before the start of the trip. If such a price increase exceeds 8 % (8%) of the package price, the traveler can withdraw from the contract. If INNTOUR active holidays reserves the right to increase the price, this reflects the right to reduce the price.
- The traveler is entitled to redress if essential components of the package tour are not provided as agreed.
- The traveler is entitled to a price reduction if contractual services are not provided or not provided as agreed.
- The traveler may withdraw from the travel contract free of charge if services are not provided in accordance with the contract and INNTOUR active holidays fails to remedy the situation.
- INNTOUR active holidays will provide assistance and support to the traveler(s) if they are in difficulty.
- If INNTOUR active holidays exercises its right to cancel the package tour contract or the transport order due to insufficient number of participants, the traveler is entitled to a refund of payments already made.
- Full text: www.justiz.gv.at/pauschalreisegesetz
12. Final provisions
- We reserve the right to make changes to services and prices, as well as to correct errors, misprints and miscalculations.
- If individual provisions of a travel contract/transportation contract concluded with INNTOUR active holidays are invalid or unenforceable or have become invalid or unenforceable after the conclusion of such a contract, the validity of the rest of the concluded contract remains unaffected. The rule that comes closest to the invalid or unenforceable provision and to the effect of the agreed economic objective shall take effect. The aforementioned provisions shall also apply in the event that the concluded contract proves to be incomplete.
- The place of jurisdiction is the registered office of the organizer.
Status: July 2023